Melody's Graduation








Melody's High School Graduation

May 24, 2008





Hello Everyone,

Often times we share things about the ministry on our blog - blessings, challenges, prayer requests, etc. Today we'd like to share about a personal blessing. Last Saturday our daughter Melody graduated from the Christian Academy of Guatemala. Since we moved here in 2004, Mel attended CAG for her 4 years of high school. CAG is a private Christian school with about 250 students that caters mostly to MK's but also has a population of Guatemalan students as well as students from other countries who's families live here. In Mel's graduating class of 22 there were students from 9 different countries. What a blessing it has been for our kids to attend a school like CAG that has a Christian perspective and such an international representation. CAG is an ACSI school (Asssociation of Christian Schools International) and classes are mostly taught in English but all of the students learn Spanish and of course students from different countries also speak their own languages. So it's not uncommon when "hanging around" at CAG to hear kids talking in Spanish, English, Korean and other languages.

Melody's graduation class: We did it!!!
















Mel with her friend Gaby, class Valedictorian. Melody, Adam and Jesse.






















As many of you know, Melody has a love for music. She had the privilege of singing during the graduation ceremony. She chose to sing a Nicole Nordeman song called "Every Season".

You may be wondering what the next year will bring for Melody. After much discussion and prayer about her future, Mel has decided to attend a music academy here in Guatemala - Instituto CanZion. CanZion was founded in 1994 and is a Christian music institute that offers a 2 year program in music studies. Melody is going to see how the first year goes and then decide from there. She will be studying in Spanish which will definitely be a challenge for her. She and Robin and 2 friends are starting language school again tomorrow and will study full time for the month of June to help Melody prepare for studying in Spanish. Her classes at CanZion begin on July 14th. We'd sure appreciate your prayers for a smooth transition and for her Spanish.

Each year all of the seniors are given 2 pages in the yearbook to display pictures and to write a "will". I'd like to close with the last few lines of Melody's will, written to her Lord and Savior:

"My Sweet Jesus; You are my life, my strength, and my song; I truly would be nothing without You and the amazing love You've shown me. Everything I do and say is for You...and I pray that You are pleased with what I've given You, even though I know it will never be enough. I love You...unto You be all the glory".

6 comments:

AMG Guatemala said...

Melody, We are so proud of you... I had tears looking at your photos and thinking of your graduation and all our families have shared together over the years. Your yearbook "will" was beautiful and I plan to pray it myself tonight!
We look forward to many years serving Christ alongside you in Guatemala! ¡Felicidades! Brian, Mary and Kiddos

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Melody!! May God bless you as you seek to honor and glorify Him with your music. My prayers are with you.
Karen Vander Sloot

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Melody! We praise Jesus for you and your family, and are so thankful for this fantastic milestone in your life. God bless you!

with love in Christ,
The Sohmer's

Jeremy said...

Hey Melody, Bob, & Robin -

I just got your invitation yesterday! What a blessing it is to read this. Congratulations Mel, and I pray that God will continue to bless your entire family! I miss you all loads and I hope to see you guys in July.

Jeremy

BethsMomToo said...

And it was just YESTERDAY you were in SS class...sniff...sniff

Anonymous said...

Melody,

After reading this update, in particular your "will", it brought to mind a little quote that your life exemplifies. Congratulations on a job well done and for seeking God's will for your future instead of following the road the world seems to lay before you. Ending with one of my favorite quotes...."When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". by Erma Bombeck

God Bless you and your precious family,
April Hayman